For an improved cash flow, get a better handle on your company's expense reports with these tips:
For expenses with receipts
- Sort the receipts in the order listed on the expense report and take note of any expense item that doesn't have a receipt.
- Expenses filed for reimbursement should have valid receipts so be sure to examine the first one carefully and ensure that it is legitimate and not questionable.
- Find out whether the expenses have proper approval by the management.
- Ensure that all expense claims adhere to the company's policy guidelines.
- Inform the employee in case of improper documentation or out-of-policy expenses.
- Sum up all the expenses to be approved or adjusted if necessary.
For mileage review
- Evaluate each location visited by the employee to find out if there is a legitimate purpose for visiting.
- Select some of the mileage locations randomly and check the mileage accuracy with internet mapping software such as MapQuest.
- Get in touch with some of the customers visited to confirm the employee really made sales calls.
provides enterprise expenses software that is easy to use and packed with features which automate almost every aspect of expense management.